It’s that time again! Time for an evening of music, laughter, and fellowship, and you can be a part of it. If you sing, play an instrument, or are just naturally foolish, please join us for the Follies. As in the past, you are encouraged to:
- Choose any piece of music you want to perform, alone or with any number of partners
- Send the lyrics or sheet music to Barbara David by September 25
- Rehearse on your own with your accompanist (live music only, unless you bring a sound engineer with you!)
- Rehearse with the entire group on Friday, October 14, 7:00 p.m.
- Perform for your adoring fans on Saturday, October 15, 7:00 p.m.
- If you have other mad performance skills that you want to share (dancing, story-telling, juggling or anything else) please contact Barbara and she’ll include you in the fun, too.
Your song will magically become part of a story that the Asbury Players Readers Theater will tell as the evening unfolds.
If you don’t want to perform solo, you can still be a part of the Follies by joining in a group number or the big finale (which may or may not be to the tune of “One More Day” from Les Miserables.)
And if you don’t want to perform at all, please join us in the audience. Admission is free to all, but donations to APPLAUSE will be dramatically accepted.
The 2016 Asbury Follies will be:
Saturday, October 15, 7:00 p.m.
In the Sanctuary
For more information, contact Barbara David or the church office.