During June, we are collecting new or used dress clothes for Wardrobe for Opportunity, an Oakland based non-profit that assists low-income job seekers with professional attire. Clients receive a one-on-one consultation with a stylist, who works with the client to put together a professional interview wardrobe. Once the client secures a position, they receive a week’s worth of business clothing appropriate to their new job.
We will be collecting men’s and women’s clothing and accessories that are undamaged, clean, dry-cleaned or ironed and on hangers (if clothing). The clothing cannot be “out of date.” It must be contemporary, suitable for today’s business world. We are interested in the following new or gently used items:
- Suits, dresses, blazers, blouses, skirts, pants, sport coats, dress shirts, coats
- Polo shirts, knit or jersey tops, jackets, slacks
- Belts, shoes, scarves, ties
- Earrings, necklaces, cuff links, watches, umbrellas, handbags and briefcases
- The following items, if new, still in original packing or tagged: bras and socks.
Bring your donation to the rack or collection boxes in Narthex or the church office. This is an amazing opportunity to help change a life. In addition to dress clothes, clients also receive other types of professional help – like practice interviews and image coaching.