Over the past year, we developed a 5 year strategic plan, and a leadership team works to implement it. Many thanks to Jean Braun, Jackie Bennet, Burlyne Wilson and Steve Elliott. This team works with the pastors to evaluate our progress towards:
1) nurturing and retaining existing congregants
2) enhancing and improving communication
3) reestablishing a welcome committee
4) develop more partnerships in serving others with love
5) completing technology upgrades in sanctuary
The upgrades in technology are done! And we now are able to record worship services for people to watch on-line. (You can find them on Asbury United Methodist Church’s Facebook page.) Many thanks to Chuk Campos, Tom Petty, Jim Lobao and Kirby Fong for their long hours of work. And thank you, Tom Arnold, for re-designing the sound booth.
We will continue with the other goals, and add one more. In 2017, we will explore worship at Asbury. What’s going well? What could be better?
How will we measure and evaluate our worship services? If you have ideas or feedback, please join the conversation. Send your insights to [email protected]